CD/DVD Driver Missing when Installing Win7 Pro 64Bit from USB

nhally

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Hi,

I am having the same CD/DVD driver missing problems others have had on this forum and realise that the error might be a red herring and that it is down to the fact that Win7 doesn't have USB3 supprot built in. I ran win7usbpatcher utility highlighted on a similar thread by Gnuffi and set up a new Win7 USB bootable. However, after 20mins, the installer failed code 18.

I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 on a new build using an ASUS B150 Pro Gaming Board and an Intel Core i3 6100. It has BOTH USB2 and USB3 ports and I have tried the various other suggestions on the forum about inserting the USB in a different USB slot when it fails and retrying but that doesn't work. I have also tried other suggestions by Gnuffi about enabling USB Legacy support and disabling FastBoot. CSM is enabled with UEFI and Legacy OPROM.

Not sure what else to try as I am still pretty new to this. I bought this copy of Windows 7 Pro 64Bit off Amazon.

Solution
Thanks for the advice. As I said in the original post, I think the message to do with missing CD/DVD drivers is a red herring. I finally managed to solve my own problem and now Windows 7 is installing fine. Firstly I had to use the DISKPART utility to correct problems on my USB stick. I don't know if this affects everyone but see the following link on how to do this:

http://www.supertalent.com/datasheets/Resetting%20USB%20drive%20using%20Windows%20Diskpart-V1.pdf

I then downloaded and ran the Win7usbpatcher utility again and rebuilt the USB bootable from the ISO again, adding in the necessary USB3 drivers. When I rebooted my new PC from the USB stick the install worked. YEAH BABY!

nhally

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for the advice. As I said in the original post, I think the message to do with missing CD/DVD drivers is a red herring. I finally managed to solve my own problem and now Windows 7 is installing fine. Firstly I had to use the DISKPART utility to correct problems on my USB stick. I don't know if this affects everyone but see the following link on how to do this:

http://www.supertalent.com/datasheets/Resetting%20USB%20drive%20using%20Windows%20Diskpart-V1.pdf

I then downloaded and ran the Win7usbpatcher utility again and rebuilt the USB bootable from the ISO again, adding in the necessary USB3 drivers. When I rebooted my new PC from the USB stick the install worked. YEAH BABY!

Solution