Question CD/DVD player plays music but not installation disk

westlightimages

Reputable
Jul 29, 2018
My CD/DVD player runs, plays music anyway, but not installation disk. I just built this system and brought the player in from the previous build. It ran the MOB install disk originally but now it will not run any installation disk that I've tried.

The drive shows up in BIOS and under the Devices and Drives portion of Windows Explorer but does not show up on the far left side of the Explorer tab where all of my other drives are listed. Not sure if that's normal.

After inserting an installation disk the drive spins up but when it stops and I click on the drive in Explorer it just ejects the disk. A music disk will give me the option to play, etc... and runs fine.

I've uninstalled the drivers under the DVD/CD ROM tab and the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and they've been reinstalled after rebooting. Cables are all tight. All drives up to date according to Device Manager, and the premium versions of Driver Booster 8 and Driver Easy.

I'll probably never need the drive again, until I do! but it bugs me not knowing what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated.