Having scanned this BB I realise I'm not alone with this problem but none of
the solutions I have seen have worked for my PC. Specifically, I cannot
access my "A" drive (actually a LS-120) nor my DVD or CDRW drives. All I get
is the dreaded "A:\ is not accessible Incorrect function". They are visible
in "my computer" and the "A" drive is fully functional in safe mode. I can't
use my USB flash stick either. Like a previous poster, my flash stick was
accessible as long as it was connected at boot up. I have just upgraded
Norton Internet Security from 2002 to 2004 but the trick of disabling NAV
auto protect did not work. I have XP Home SP2. Any more clues would be
gratefully received.
--
Roy Mac

Any error code on them in the Device Manager?

Roy Mac wrote:

> Having scanned this BB I realise I'm not alone with this problem but none of
> the solutions I have seen have worked for my PC. Specifically, I cannot
> access my "A" drive (actually a LS-120) nor my DVD or CDRW drives. All I get
> is the dreaded "A:\ is not accessible Incorrect function". They are visible
> in "my computer" and the "A" drive is fully functional in safe mode. I can't
> use my USB flash stick either. Like a previous poster, my flash stick was
> accessible as long as it was connected at boot up. I have just upgraded
> Norton Internet Security from 2002 to 2004 but the trick of disabling NAV
> auto protect did not work. I have XP Home SP2. Any more clues would be
> gratefully received.

None at all Bob. As far as the device manager is concerned, "this device is
working properly".

"Bob I" wrote:

> Any error code on them in the Device Manager?
>
> Roy Mac wrote:
>
> > Having scanned this BB I realise I'm not alone with this problem but none of
> > the solutions I have seen have worked for my PC. Specifically, I cannot
> > access my "A" drive (actually a LS-120) nor my DVD or CDRW drives. All I get
> > is the dreaded "A:\ is not accessible Incorrect function". They are visible
> > in "my computer" and the "A" drive is fully functional in safe mode. I can't
> > use my USB flash stick either. Like a previous poster, my flash stick was
> > accessible as long as it was connected at boot up. I have just upgraded
> > Norton Internet Security from 2002 to 2004 but the trick of disabling NAV
> > auto protect did not work. I have XP Home SP2. Any more clues would be
> > gratefully received.

This is the best i can come up with then(hope it helps)

"Incorrect function" error message when you access the CD-ROM drive, the
DVD-ROM drive, or the CD-RW drive
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315350

Roy Mac wrote:

> None at all Bob. As far as the device manager is concerned, "this device is
> working properly".
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Any error code on them in the Device Manager?
>>
>>Roy Mac wrote:
>>

>>> Having scanned this BB I realise I'm not alone with this problem but none of
>>>the solutions I have seen have worked for my PC. Specifically, I cannot
>>>access my "A" drive (actually a LS-120) nor my DVD or CDRW drives. All I get
>>>is the dreaded "A:\ is not accessible Incorrect function". They are visible
>>>in "my computer" and the "A" drive is fully functional in safe mode. I can't
>>>use my USB flash stick either. Like a previous poster, my flash stick was
>>>accessible as long as it was connected at boot up. I have just upgraded
>>>Norton Internet Security from 2002 to 2004 but the trick of disabling NAV
>>>auto protect did not work. I have XP Home SP2. Any more clues would be
>>>gratefully received.

Thanks for the info Bob but I don't think that is the answer as I do not use
Roxio programmes. Thanks for trying anyway.