Status
Not open for further replies.

I recently purchased a new Samsung DVD Player with a DVI output to my
widescreen HDTV. It upsamples the resolution on a DVD to 1080i. The picture
looks great. I am presently using the DVD player as a CD transport to my EAD
Encore pre/pro which doesn't sound bad on my Legacy Focus speakers which are
also part of my Legacy HT setup.

I am considering the purchase of a used Wadia 830 CD player and using the DACs
in it. I know that I can output it directly to an amp but would probably just
run it into one of the analog inputs on the EAD for simplicity's sake. Would I
really gain that much in sound with the Wadia to justify buying more equipment?
What are your thoughts?

Richard

You won't gain anything by doing what you propose. The Encore will
re-digitize the analog signal so it's volume and set-up controls will
work. In other words it is not true analog, but an analogue to digital
convertor.

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:19:41 GMT, rhgoo7@aol.com (Rhgoo7) wrote:

>I recently purchased a new Samsung DVD Player with a DVI output to my
>widescreen HDTV. It upsamples the resolution on a DVD to 1080i. The picture
>looks great. I am presently using the DVD player as a CD transport to my EAD
>Encore pre/pro which doesn't sound bad on my Legacy Focus speakers which are
>also part of my Legacy HT setup.
>
>I am considering the purchase of a used Wadia 830 CD player and using the DACs
>in it. I know that I can output it directly to an amp but would probably just
>run it into one of the analog inputs on the EAD for simplicity's sake. Would I
>really gain that much in sound with the Wadia to justify buying more equipment?
>What are your thoughts?
>
>Richard

Dan Santoni
DTS Audio