News CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 And Witcher 3 Next-Gen Ups Delayed

Damn. I was really looking forward to trying out the new ray tracing in The Witcher 3 this year.
It'll be interesting to see how the enhanced textures of TW3 Next-Gen compare to the enhanced texture mods already out for TW3. Supposedly, "HalkHogan" (the creator if the HD Reworked Project mods) is working on the textures for the Next Gen release. Whether it's just a copy of what's already out or a further tweak/update remains to be seen.

Last edited:

emike09

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Q2 2022 for TW3? Seriously? The game's been done for a long time, pretty much bug-free at this point. All they're doing is updating the visuals and adding some minor DLC. Crytek was even able to update the entire Crysis trilogy with RT, DLSS, and other visual updates. The delay seems overkill, especially when they're working with content that modders have had available for a long time. Really disappointed, I was looking forward to re-playing TW3 over the long, dark, cold winter months.

Q2 2022 for TW3? Seriously? The game's been done for a long time, pretty much bug-free at this point. All they're doing is updating the visuals and adding some minor DLC. Crytek was even able to update the entire Crysis trilogy with RT, DLSS, and other visual updates. The delay seems overkill, especially when they're working with content that modders have had available for a long time. Really disappointed, I was looking forward to re-playing TW3 over the long, dark, cold winter months.
It's even worse when the base software is that clean : a port will always require some parts of the code to be re-worked, which WILL trigger existing but hidden bugs on top of adding new bugs - making the new software look worse than the original. So they will have to spend even more time on QA.
Remember Warcraft 3? Try and imagine a re-release of TW3 with even a quarter of the bugs WC3:R had - the backlash would probably kill a small company like CDPR.
As for Cyberpunk 2077, they're not even fully done cleaning up the original game - I'm pretty sure fixing all the original bugs entailed taking some programming shortcuts, shims and quick patches that will require cleaning up before even being able to start on the port itself.