Cd recover

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just bought a new Dell Studio 15 laptop on August 8, 2009. I bought it from Best Buy for $629.99. It has the Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 processor, 4GB of RAM, 320 GB hard drive, and Vista Home Premium. I would like to make a recovery CD. I have created a restore point and a files backup CD already. However, I cannot find an option in the control panel or the programs folder to create a system recovery CD. There is no program or wizard anywhere in the software included by Dell to create one. Does anyone know how to create an OS recovery CD? If you do, please let me know. And BTW, I am not a skilled computer user, so please make any instructions you give very detailed. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Poland_Fun

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
If you still have vista, then just open the start menu and start typing recovery. It should pop up as the first thing in the list. If it doesnt check maybe you got a windows disk with the laptop. Alternativly i think you can order a recovery disk for your laptop. Never tried that so your on your own there.

pcfixed

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
no need to, the recovery partition is built into the laptop so CDs are not needed
if you need the recovery service do the following

restart the laptop
when you see the dell logo screen press Ctrl and f11
it will boot to recovery instead of OS

its in your manual..but you're probably lazy to read that

pcfixed

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
sry for double postbut the recovery service wont recover data, it will re-install everything and may delete all your files and restore the laptop to day 1.

it is not data recovery
it is not vista resotre point recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS