CD-Rom Drive is not working

My Computer is not seeing my CD-Rom and when I got to the Properties for the
CD-Rom it says

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
currupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I downloaded all patches for windows and for the CD-Rom and still is not
working.
I even got a new CD-Rom and still same thing.

Anything would help.
Thanks alot!

The old Code39 caper. Mr. Nice check here
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C and scroll to

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q314060

NOTE : If you are getting a code 39 message, it may be that additional
third-party filter drivers were added to UpperFilters and LowerFilters
values in addition to Adaptec filter drivers. In that case, you may try to
remove the non-Adaptec filter drivers first, leaving the Easy Creator
filters in place to see if the Code 39 goes away. If you still receive an
error code 39, 32, or 31 message, remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
values completely in the preceding key.

"Mr.NiceGuy" <Mr.NiceGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Computer is not seeing my CD-Rom and when I got to the Properties for
> the
> CD-Rom it says
>
> "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may
> be
> currupted or missing. (Code 39)"
>
> I downloaded all patches for windows and for the CD-Rom and still is not
> working.
> I even got a new CD-Rom and still same thing.
>
> Anything would help.
> Thanks alot!

None of the Links you gave work...
And im not a Computer wize so i dont really understand about the Filters so
if you could, could you give me instuctions on how to remove these filters.

Thanks

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> The old Code39 caper. Mr. Nice check here
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C and scroll to
>
> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
> or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator :
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q314060
>
> NOTE : If you are getting a code 39 message, it may be that additional
> third-party filter drivers were added to UpperFilters and LowerFilters
> values in addition to Adaptec filter drivers. In that case, you may try to
> remove the non-Adaptec filter drivers first, leaving the Easy Creator
> filters in place to see if the Code 39 goes away. If you still receive an
> error code 39, 32, or 31 message, remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
> values completely in the preceding key.
>

> "Mr.NiceGuy" <Mr.NiceGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Computer is not seeing my CD-Rom and when I got to the Properties for
> > the
> > CD-Rom it says
> >
> > "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may
> > be
> > currupted or missing. (Code 39)"
> >
> > I downloaded all patches for windows and for the CD-Rom and still is not
> > working.
> > I even got a new CD-Rom and still same thing.
> >
> > Anything would help.
> > Thanks alot!

None of the Links you left semm to be working...
And I have no idea on how to remove the filters of witch you are talking
about...

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> The old Code39 caper. Mr. Nice check here
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C and scroll to
>
> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
> or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator :
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q314060
>
> NOTE : If you are getting a code 39 message, it may be that additional
> third-party filter drivers were added to UpperFilters and LowerFilters
> values in addition to Adaptec filter drivers. In that case, you may try to
> remove the non-Adaptec filter drivers first, leaving the Easy Creator
> filters in place to see if the Code 39 goes away. If you still receive an
> error code 39, 32, or 31 message, remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
> values completely in the preceding key.

Go to Start>Run type: regedit click Ok. When regedit opens
navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the right pane you will see a value Upper Filters and Lower Filters.
Rt click on each one and choose delete.
That should do it.
See if this link works

> None of the Links you left semm to be working...
> And I have no idea on how to remove the filters of witch you are talking
> about...
>
> "Rich Barry" wrote:
>
>> The old Code39 caper. Mr. Nice check here
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C and scroll
>>
>> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Error Code 31, Code 32, Code
>> 19,
>> or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator :
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q314060
>>
>> NOTE : If you are getting a code 39 message, it may be that additional
>> third-party filter drivers were added to UpperFilters and LowerFilters
>> values in addition to Adaptec filter drivers. In that case, you may try
>> remove the non-Adaptec filter drivers first, leaving the Easy Creator
>> filters in place to see if the Code 39 goes away. If you still receive an
>> error code 39, 32, or 31 message, remove the Upperfilters and
>> Lowerfilters
>> values completely in the preceding key.

Thanks alot!
Everything works great now.