Andrea

I mentioned before that my Cd-Rom drive cannot read any Cds that worked
before. It shows no problems under device drivers, but also it says that any
cds I put into the drive are not formatted. That cannot be possible because
these cds worked many times before. One is the Sims2, another is an
installation disk, and another is Microsoft Gallery clips. They all worked in
the past. Am I missing something or is it the auto-run?
--
Andrea

Greetings Andrea,

It looks like that your CD-Rom Drive is dieing or one of the lasers isn't
functioning properly anymore. Try taking your computer to a local technician
and ask him for his opinion. However, it looks like that you might need to
buy a new CD-Rom Drive or a DVD-Rom Drive. If you have the option to buy a
CD-Rom Drive or a DVD-Rom Drive, I suggest you go for the DVD-Rom Drive.
They're not that expensive anymore; and more and more software are shipping
only in DVD Format.

--
Best of Luck,
Jose Francisco

rights

"Jose Francisco" <almach@onvol.net> wrote in message
> Greetings Andrea,
>
> It looks like that your CD-Rom Drive is dieing or one of the lasers isn't
> functioning properly anymore.

Isn't that the same thing?

Try taking your computer to a local technician
> and ask him for his opinion. However, it looks like that you might need to
> buy a new CD-Rom Drive or a DVD-Rom Drive. If you have the option to buy a
> CD-Rom Drive or a DVD-Rom Drive, I suggest you go for the DVD-Rom Drive.
> They're not that expensive anymore; and more and more software are
> shipping only in DVD Format.

It does sound as if its now at the end of its life. If you have a reasonably
knowledgeable friend get them to try your drive in their machine, or try his
in your machine. If you go to a shop they can replace the drive after tesing
if needed.