[SOLVED] cd rom files to linux from win 8.1

Mar 4, 2022
i have a win 8.1 system with mounted cd rom files that need to be copied to linux ext2 disk under win 8.1 same system.
i have created a ext2 partition on a disk drive (the only partiition) i need to copy cd rom files to this drive. i used disk genius to create partition.
does any one know of any application under win 8.1 that will copy cd rom files to the linux ext2 disk. i should add the ext2 is not visible to win8.1

Solution
If you need the images on linux that means that you will boot into it at some time so why not do that from the linux side?
Linux can see windows partitions, you can use a usb stick to transfer the files, those will always show up automatically and there will be no admin rights to access them, but with a little bit of fiddling reading them straight from the windows partition should also be pretty easy.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
few years ago i used this to access ext2 partitions

used it with win 7 but i assume it would work with win 8 as well. allowed me to read and write to the partition easily. give it a shot might still be a useful tool :)

i have a win 8.1 system with mounted cd rom files that need to be copied to linux ext2 disk under win 8.1 same system.
i have created a ext2 partition on a disk drive (the only partiition) i need to copy cd rom files to this drive. i used disk genius to create partition.
does any one know of any application under win 8.1 that will copy cd rom files to the linux ext2 disk. i should add the ext2 is not visible to win8.1
You could also try the free Diskinternals Linux Reader

If you need the images on linux that means that you will boot into it at some time so why not do that from the linux side?
Linux can see windows partitions, you can use a usb stick to transfer the files, those will always show up automatically and there will be no admin rights to access them, but with a little bit of fiddling reading them straight from the windows partition should also be pretty easy.

Solution