CD ROM

dons

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

I have a CD-ROM and a CD-RW. My CD-RW works OK but I'm
having a problem with my CD-ROM. Every now and then when
I try to eject by presing the button, or command it to
eject, the CD-ROM will not open. I noticed that the
operating (green) light does not come on when I try to
eject. However, if I restart my PC, it will work OK again
but sooner or later the problem will reoccur. I can make
it work if I restart my PC. The CD-ROM is a 52X. Is it
time to replace the drive?

DonS

Maybe??

"DonS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a CD-ROM and a CD-RW. My CD-RW works OK but I'm
> having a problem with my CD-ROM. Every now and then when
> I try to eject by presing the button, or command it to
> eject, the CD-ROM will not open. I noticed that the
> operating (green) light does not come on when I try to
> eject. However, if I restart my PC, it will work OK again
> but sooner or later the problem will reoccur. I can make
> it work if I restart my PC. The CD-ROM is a 52X. Is it
> time to replace the drive?
>
> DonS

ASK THE COMMUNITY