CD-RW Drive Not Accessible

Using XP Pro SP2. Recently when insert a burned disk or
blank in CD-RW drive, get message "G: Drive Not Accessible"
(the RW Drive). Odd time when don't get that message, won't
read disks. Is a year old LG CD-RW Drive and using Roxio
CD & DVD Creator 6. The Drive checks ok in Device Manager
and in BIOS and all connections tight. Have installed all updates
for CD Creator 6 and software appears ok. Have also checked
LG Website for any updates. Any other ideas as to what to check
or why drive not problematic would be much appreciated.

Does it correctly read any CD's, eg your Microsoft XP CD?
www.coribright.com

"Fizzikal" <fizzilled@workout.spa> wrote in message
> Using XP Pro SP2. Recently when insert a burned disk or
> blank in CD-RW drive, get message "G: Drive Not Accessible"
> (the RW Drive). Odd time when don't get that message, won't
> read disks. Is a year old LG CD-RW Drive and using Roxio
> CD & DVD Creator 6. The Drive checks ok in Device Manager
> and in BIOS and all connections tight. Have installed all updates
> for CD Creator 6 and software appears ok. Have also checked
> LG Website for any updates. Any other ideas as to what to check
> or why drive not problematic would be much appreciated.

Won't read any data/music CD's now - light flashes when a disk in
and sounds as if just spinning around in drive. Was ok last week
and still checks ok in Device Manager, Disk Management, BIOS
and also ok according to Everest software. Have ran Update Driver
and reinstalled CD Creator to no avail. Any other ideas before ditching
it and getting new one? Tx

Can't figure out as drive was ok last week and
> Does it correctly read any CD's, eg your Microsoft XP CD?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Fizzikal" <fizzilled@workout.spa> wrote in message
> > Using XP Pro SP2. Recently when insert a burned disk or
> > blank in CD-RW drive, get message "G: Drive Not Accessible"
> > (the RW Drive). Odd time when don't get that message, won't
> > read disks. Is a year old LG CD-RW Drive and using Roxio
> > CD & DVD Creator 6. The Drive checks ok in Device Manager
> > and in BIOS and all connections tight. Have installed all updates
> > for CD Creator 6 and software appears ok. Have also checked
> > LG Website for any updates. Any other ideas as to what to check
> > or why drive not problematic would be much appreciated.

No - won't read XP CD or any other disks and have
tried several. Shows as "Device Working" in Device Manager
and also shows as ok in Disk Management, My Computer
System Information, BIOS, etc. etc. Opens and ejects ok
and lights up as should on bootup and if disk in drive. Have
checked web for CD-RW problems and followed other
suggestions -e.g. cleaning disks to no avail.

Hate to buy new one when this is only a year old Drive
and all checks indicate is working ok except won't read
and have no idea why not.