john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

When my CD-RW is empty, it shows up on "My Computer" correctly as a CD-RW.

When it has a R in it, it shows up as a CD-R, which is correct I guess, and
it works fine.

When I put a RW in it, it show up as a CD-ROM, and when I try to write to
it, it gives me a blue screen with an error message.

INCD will format the disks, but Windows doesn't recognize them. I have
check the proper boxes in My Computer.

Any suggestions for getting the RW to work? They were fine until a few
weeks ago.

Don't CD-RW disks have to be formatted before you can write to them? InCD
is a packet-writing application that formats the disks in UDF for enabling
drag-and-drop file writing.

"John" <John@john.com> wrote in message
> When my CD-RW is empty, it shows up on "My Computer" correctly as a CD-RW.
>
> When it has a R in it, it shows up as a CD-R, which is correct I guess,
and
> it works fine.
>
> When I put a RW in it, it show up as a CD-ROM, and when I try to write to
> it, it gives me a blue screen with an error message.
>
> INCD will format the disks, but Windows doesn't recognize them. I have
> check the proper boxes in My Computer.
>
> Any suggestions for getting the RW to work? They were fine until a few
> weeks ago.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Yes, but as I said, they format fine. Windows simply can't use them after
they have been formated.

"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Don't CD-RW disks have to be formatted before you can write to them? InCD
> is a packet-writing application that formats the disks in UDF for enabling
> drag-and-drop file writing.
>
> "John" <John@john.com> wrote in message
>> When my CD-RW is empty, it shows up on "My Computer" correctly as a
>> CD-RW.
>>
>> When it has a R in it, it shows up as a CD-R, which is correct I guess,
> and
>> it works fine.
>>
>> When I put a RW in it, it show up as a CD-ROM, and when I try to write to
>> it, it gives me a blue screen with an error message.
>>
>> INCD will format the disks, but Windows doesn't recognize them. I have
>> check the proper boxes in My Computer.
>>
>> Any suggestions for getting the RW to work? They were fine until a few
>> weeks ago.

Are you using a version of InCD that is compatible with XP?

If yes, you might check Nero's website to see if they have information about
such an issue or contact their tech support.

I'm assuming when you say Windows can't see the CDs you are talking about
the same computer on which INCD is installed. Packet writing is not a
component of Windows XP and while some system can read a packet written CD
with no additional software installed, many cannot and require the
installation of either a compatible UDF reader, again, you'd have to check
with Nero, or the specified packet writing software.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User