Garrett

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Looking for ideas.
I have TDK DVD-RW (Master) and a Sony CD-RW (Slave) connected via the
secondary IDE controller on a system running XP Pro with SP2. When I first
boot both drives work fine. But after a while the CD-RW won't recognize CDs
when they are inserted (after inserting the CD nothing happens and when I try
to access manually, I get the message "Insert CD"). I've tried different
software (Roxio and Nero) but problem persists. When drive has stopped
functioning I have checked control panel - hardware configuration and
everything appears normal. A check of the device indicates it is functioning
properly. The DVD continues to work fine and rebooting the system causes the
CD-RW to start working again.
Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

David

I am having the same problem, so I will watch to see what answers you get.