cd/rw wont' record

Lou

received update that disabled my cd/rw. had to go into
some advance settings and then reinstall roxio program as
per MS help. Now CD/RW won't record but will play music
CD's and open data CD's . Any help out there?

I would try reinstalling Roxio Easy CD Creator. You may have to remove
the CD drive from your Device Manager as well to get it to work.

So, after you install Roxio Software and it still won't work, try this:
Click Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and click OK. Now find DVD/CD Drive,
expand it, right click on your CD-RW Drive and choose uninstall. Now
reboot your computer and Windows should redetect it and reinstall its
drivesr ;)

Nathan McNulty