I have a laptop model ACER, in this laptop I have a CD-R in the past I could
read CD with no problems, but now every CD that I put inn I get the message
that said:� windows can not read from this disk, the disk might be corrupted,
or it could be using the format that is not compatible with this windows"
what that mean and can you help me with that problems. I tried to put the
restored CD that I got with the computer but I can not read it

The CD drive is no longer working correctly. It is a mechanical device and
can/will wear-out.

"mike_2000" <mike_2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop model ACER, in this laptop I have a CD-R in the past I
>could
> read CD with no problems, but now every CD that I put inn I get the
> message
> that said:" windows can not read from this disk, the disk might be
> corrupted,
> or it could be using the format that is not compatible with this windows"
> what that mean and can you help me with that problems. I tried to put the
> restored CD that I got with the computer but I can not read it

Try using the Device Manager to remove (uninstall) the CD
and then reboot (or use add/remove hardware. That will
reload the drivers and if the drive has not failed
mechanically it should work again.

If it doesn't work, it is a good excuse to get a CD-RW drive
installed.