CDM 8600 Questions

Hello All -

I have a CDM 8600 which has been (and is) working fine for about six months,
now. In general, I'm pleased with the phone, but it could use a little
civilizing to make it easier to use.

You guys know much more about this stuff than I, so I thought that I would
ask you my questions instead of torturing myself with the Verizon website.

1. Is there any way to get rid of the "Verizon Wireless" advertising on the
outside LCD and inside LCD screens?
2. How do I get a picture onto the phone to use as a background or as a
picture ID in associated with caller ID?
3. How do I download ring tones?

Please explain like I'm four, because I don't know if I need software or
not. I see subscrption photo services on get-it-now but they are $4/month
and I don't know if I need it for one day, to download my pictures, or
continuously to have access to them. Also, what format is necessary, size
and format, that is.

Thanks

El Penguini - 1/2 Penguin, 1/2 Chicken - All Fowl
"Penguins is practically chickens"

See http://smithplanet.com/8600/