CDR Installation

G

I bought an internal CDR/RW drive about a year ago and tried to install it but it didn't work, and since then I've been too busy to figure out what I did wrong. now I'd like to use it, but it doesn't work. I was wondering if anybody knew of any websites or could give me some simple instructions on how to install a cdr drive along with the cdrom drive I have. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Majeskty

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Installing the cd-r/rw drives is just like a cd-rom drive. Give it power, connect the data cable, audio and you are set. See if a normal cd-rom disk is seen by the system. To get it to work for writing you need software like Adaptec's Easy CD-Creator, without this type of software it does not work. I would assume the unit came with some bundle software unless it is just plain jane, then you will need to buy some software.

Best of luck,
James

G

On the back of both of your drives will be jumpers which have to be set which will be marked ...

csel (cable select)
slave
Master

I have found that my computer works best when my cd rom isbeing set as master and my cd writer being set as slave on the secondary ide ...

Hope this helps ...

Out of everything the being of nothingness is the greatest ...

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
On DellTalk I found a good source through one of their regulars - Predator. He has a web site at http://www.geocities.com/jeff_predator/ that has a lot of good advice (at least to this tyro's eyes).