CDROM Drive not working

manish

I have a Compaq Armada E500 laptop, with Windows 2000.
Recently my CDROM drive stopped reading data or audio CDs.
It can't read any CDs now. I don't know the reason why,
but using ADD/Remove hardware, I uninstalled and then
reinstalled the CDROM Drivers. It still doesn't work. What
can I do to make it work?

Thanks

Manish

See if this MS Knowledge Base article applies in your case:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270008

Best regards

Bjorn