Went to download a file to cd and found out my cd drive was missing. The
drawer still opens and nero software still accessable but "e" is no longer
on my computer. I just installed it a couple months back and it worked.
Big surprise to me when I went to use it and it was gone. What could have
happened to it and how do I get it back?

Open Device manager and read the error message for the drive and post that.

DeneseVon wrote:

> Went to download a file to cd and found out my cd drive was missing. The
> drawer still opens and nero software still accessable but "e" is no longer
> on my computer. I just installed it a couple months back and it worked.
> Big surprise to me when I went to use it and it was gone. What could have
> happened to it and how do I get it back?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:FBC63C55-497A-4D87-A24B-EF24B4A6BD48@microsoft.com,
DeneseVon <DeneseVon@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Went to download a file to cd and found out my cd drive was missing.
> The drawer still opens and nero software still accessable but "e" is
> no longer on my computer. I just installed it a couple months
> back and it worked. Big surprise to me when I went to use it and it
> was gone. What could have happened to it and how do I get it back?

You can try here:

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Galen