SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Alright... I'm no cd burning master, and the only thing I use my 4x HP 8100 for is backing up files and making the occasional audio cd.

I got rid of Adaptec, cause that software has some serious issues, and I finally get fed up with it.

So now I'm trying to use cdrwin - It seems to be burning perfectly fine. Make the cue file, cdrwin compiles it, then burns away. No errors occur, and at the end I've got a closed disc that has obviously been burned.

The TOC shows up fine under cdrwin, the cd has been closed, and explorer at least recognizes the cd and that it has data burned onto it - but the problem is there's nothing there. I see no files, it all shows up blank and I can't access anything on the disc - and I have no clue as to why this is.

I'm using win98se, cdrwin version 4.0a, and just regular 74 minute media (as I understand these lame HP's don't like 80 minute cds). If any of you have any suggestions or things to try, I'd like to hear them. Thanks

mrtj

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
i had something like that after installing my new tdk burner. i use nero, and was told to download some addon file to place in the nero dir. something to do with aspi i think. go to nero's site and get the aspi files from there.

p.s. i couldnt read pressed cd's either, although i could burn fine. is that the case with you too?

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Hrm... no, I wasn't having that problem.

But I got the new version of Nero (haven't used that one in a while), and it owns cdrwin and Adaptec, so I've got no more problems. I've also noticed that my lame HP writer can write up to about 76 minutes worth of media using Nero(after 76 it has reading errors), whereas it would fail under other programs.

In conclusion - Nero rules!

mrtj

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
i just dont like the interface as much as with winoncd. i installed winoncd 3.8 yesterday and that works fine. looks weird, but fine. i use nero and winoncd now. :)