Question CDs not recognized by computer

Jul 24, 2019
Hello,
I apologize if I have posted this question in the wrong forum.

I have noticed recently that my computer seems to ignore the presence of any disc that I place in my disk drive, but the drive itself is recognized. There is no error whenever I insert a disc into the drive.

I have scoured the internet for possible solutions, but problems like mine with the disk drive often include the computer not recognizing the drive. I have also run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices on Windows 7 - a problem with the driver for ‘Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter’ was discovered, although Windows was unable to reinstall the driver as my USB internet dongle malfunctioned last week.

I encountered this problem when I was trying to install the driver for my new dongle, which requires a setup CD (and of course isn’t being recognized). I am completely lost here - could anyone help me out?

Thanks

Jul 24, 2019
My computer does not recognize my iPhone’s hotspot network, unfortunately. It seems that there is no way that I can use the internet on my PC. I am not even sure if the driver to be reinstalled is the driver for my CD-Drive.

Is there any other way that I can fix my drive?
Thanks for replying.