CE Mod - BattleNet Problems

I installed the CE mod which I'm enjoying very much although I'm
confused as heck. The problem is now I can't connect to BattleNet. When
I try to connect it goes through the whole process of checking then I
get a pop-up saying "Unable to Identify Application Version". According
to Blizz's Web site this means that something I added on makes it
impossible for them to determine which version I have so they won't let
me connect.

Anyone know how, or if, I can fix this?

Thanks,

Jill

Jill wrote:

>I installed the CE mod which I'm
>enjoying very much although I'm
>confused as heck. The problem is now I
>can't connect to BattleNet.

Are you trying to connect to Battlenet with CE or Diablo LOD? You need
to deactivate CE using the Chaos Empire activator in order to connect to
Battlenet with LOD. In order to connect to one of the servers
(Jenworld) which are running CE you need to have CE version 7.51
installed and you can't connect to one of the regular Battlenet servers
(i.e. USWest gateway, USEast gateway) when CE is activated. The button
you click to connect still says Battlenet, but it really isn't Battlenet
that is hosting the online games.

>When I try to connect it goes through the
>whole process of checking then I get a
>pop-up saying "Unable to Identify
>Application Version". According to Blizz's
>Web site this means that something I
>added on makes it impossible for them
>to determine which version I have so
>they won't let me connect.
>Anyone know how, or if, I can fix this?

Hopefully the Chaos Empire activator will let you toggle back and forth
between CE and LOD.

mark

"neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Anyone know how, or if, I can fix this?

I have absolutely no knowledge of the CE mod. But with most of them you
replace the Patch_D2.mpq file with one for the mod. When going back to
regular D2/LoD you put the original Patch_D2.mpq file in the /Diablo II
directory.

When playing a mod I usually make an 'undo mod' directory. When I want to
play the mod I move the original Patch_D2.mpq file into this directory, and
put the mod one in /Diablo II. to go back, put the Mod Patch_D2.mpq into a
mod folder and get the original from 'undo mod'. You can also put your
original and mod characters into the mod and undo mod folders to avoid
mixing them up.

If you did not save your original Patch_D2.mpq file, I believe you have to
reinstall. But I'm not sure on this part.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

~misfit~ wrote:

> With CE there's an activator/deactivator option in the menu. I think
this
> automatically moves MPQ's for you. Very nifty idea I thought. Just
click it
> and you're back to vanilla LOD, click again and you have CE. Just
like
> magic. <g>
> --
> ~misfit~

Yup, that did the trick. I had no idea an activator could also be a
deactivator. :)

Thanks,

Jill

Blue Jack Sky wrote:
> Jill wrote:

> Hopefully the Chaos Empire activator will let you toggle back and
forth
> between CE and LOD.

Indeed it does, thank you.

Just don't ask me how long it took for me to actually exit the CE game
to try this. :)

Jill

Mark wrote:
> "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
message

> If you did not save your original Patch_D2.mpq file, I believe you
have to
> reinstall. But I'm not sure on this part.

I didn't make a backup of my original Patch_D2.mpq, but I did backup my
screenshots. :D

Turns out all I had to do was just click on the CE mod activator again.

Thanks,

Jill

neithskye wrote:
> Blue Jack Sky wrote:
>
>>Jill wrote:
>

>>Hopefully the Chaos Empire activator will let you toggle back and
>
> forth
>
>>between CE and LOD.
>

> Indeed it does, thank you.
>
> Just don't ask me how long it took for me to actually exit the CE game
> to try this. :)
>
> Jill

<grin> I started on chaos empire about a month and a half ago, havent
been back to normal dII yet!

neithskye wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>> "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:1111794328.564041.257680@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
>> If you did not save your original Patch_D2.mpq file, I believe you
>> have to reinstall. But I'm not sure on this part.
>
> I didn't make a backup of my original Patch_D2.mpq, but I did backup
> my screenshots. :D
>
> Turns out all I had to do was just click on the CE mod activator
> again.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jill

Heh, so *that's* where you've been.

I *told* you it was easy to swap back and forth. :D

--
chainbreaker