Cedar Mill Chipsets

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Well, sorry if I don't waste $$$$$ on Liquid Nitrogen systems, but I can guarantee you that a 3.9GHz FX-55 will beat a 6.6 GHz P4, and if it can't, I'm sure the 6.1GHz Opteron 64 can have a hay-day with a 6.6 or 7.4 P4, so your arguments are done fanboy.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Well, sorry if I don't waste $4000 on Liquid Nitrogen systems, but I can guarantee you that a 3.9GHz FX-55 will beat a 6.6 GHz P4, and if it can't, I'm sure the 6.1GHz Opteron 64 can have a hay-day with your 6.6 or 7.4 P4, so you're arguments are done fanboy.

For one, I'm no more of a fanboy than you are.
For two, that's just BS.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Well, sorry if I don't waste $4000 on Liquid Nitrogen systems, but I can guarantee you that a 3.9GHz FX-55 will beat a 6.6 GHz P4, and if it can't, I'm sure the 6.1GHz Opteron 64 can have a hay-day with your 6.6 or 7.4 P4, so you're arguments are done fanboy.

For one, I'm no more of a fanboy than you are.
For two, that's just BS.

INTEL FANBOY STOP!!! Just because you find a CPU faster than your little P4 doesn't mean you must throw a fit and get mad. Hey, GET PISSED! lol. I concede that a 7Ghz P4 is faster than a 3Ghz AMD, of course, but the 6.1Ghz Opteron annihilates anything.

Piddy: stop posting here just to get some counts, you're saying 1 or 2 liners that are irrelevant to this discussion.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
What "6.1 opteron"? are you high?
And, I clearly showed you earlier that a 5ghz Intel fights toe-to-toe with a 3ghz AMD (which is the absolute limit for AMD's on air).
However, I agree that Piddy just goes on forum posts for mass posting retarded statements. I think we should not only agree to use Intel or AMD to our liking, but to jointly kill Piddy.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
And, I clearly showed you earlier that a 5ghz Intel fights toe-to-toe with a 3ghz AMD (which is the absolute limit for AMD's on air).
However, I agree that Piddy just goes on forum posts for mass posting retarded statements. I think we should not only agree to use Intel or AMD to our liking, but to jointly kill Piddy.

I do intake large quantities of Caffiene alot, but no way does that impare my knowledge that AMD > Intel. Nor does it make the 6.1Ghz Opteron fake just because you can't stand a P4 getting beat (which is as common as birds chirping on a bright summer day). I don't know bout killing Piddy, that's a tad extreme.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

I do intake large quantities of Caffiene alot, but no way does that impare my knowledge that AMD > Intel. Nor does it make the 6.1Ghz Opteron fake just because you can't stand a P4 getting beat (which is as common as birds chirping on a bright summer day). I don't know bout killing Piddy, that's a tad extreme.

Nah, he has no purpose. Seriously, nobody would notice. Also, I don't give a shit about you bitching how the "6.1ghz opteron" is great, I want proof it even exists.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

Nah, he has no purpose. Seriously, nobody would notice. Also, I don't give a shit about you bitching how the "6.1ghz opteron" is great, I want proof it even exists.

I showed you a CPU-Z Certified Screenshot, if you don't believe that, than show me proof those scores on ExtremeSystems are even REAL, I challenge the integrity of those.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Incase you are retarded, I will explain.
-Cedar Mill's hit 4.5 ON STOCK INTEL COOLING, WHICH IS WORTHLESS.
And, ask anandtech.com if you don't believe that.
-Intel's have hit 7.2 on phase changing/LN2.
-extremesystems superpi championship 1m is won by Intel oc'ing.
-Don't even bring phase changing into this. Intel's can hit 7+ghz on that, which gives a "4ghz fx55", (which is really about 3.9 stable) a run for the money.
-No AMD is stable at 4.8ghz, and if I'm wrong, which I'm not, prove it.

Wow, you're a hardcore Intel fanboy, and I think you win the award for being the more hard core intel fanboy on these forumz, way to go! Since you're the hugest newb on these forumz, let me englighten you to something...GHZ DOESNT MATTER! Which is why a 2.2Ghz 3700+ can wipe the floor with a 3.6Ghz P4, uh oh, thats a 1.4Ghz deficiency, but it beats it still, :O. BTW, an FX-57 @ 3.7Ghz, gets 21 seconds on superPI 1M, what did your nice 7Ghz P4 get? 10 minutes? Even if it got 20 seconds, thats sad it takes 8GHz to match 4GHz AMD, so sad...so sad..

EDIT: Link So sad it took 7.1GHz to beat a 3.7GHz AMD, and it only did it by a few seconds, man that is some sad performance lol.

For one, there is no way in hell that 6.1 Opteron is stable, or else there would be other such results by OC'ers and some benchmarks. Also, notice a Dothan at 3.303ghz beats the FX57 @ 3.7.
Also, the 7.4ghz Intel beats the FX57 by 4 seconds, which may not seem like a lot, but is very significant in superpi 1m.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

I showed you a CPU-Z Certified Screenshot, if you don't believe that, than show me proof those scores on ExtremeSystems are even REAL, I challenge the integrity of those.

I highly doubt the website you provided has any more validity.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Incase you are retarded, I will explain.
-Cedar Mill's hit 4.5 ON STOCK INTEL COOLING, WHICH IS WORTHLESS.
And, ask anandtech.com if you don't believe that.
-Intel's have hit 7.2 on phase changing/LN2.
-extremesystems superpi championship 1m is won by Intel oc'ing.
-Don't even bring phase changing into this. Intel's can hit 7+ghz on that, which gives a "4ghz fx55", (which is really about 3.9 stable) a run for the money.
-No AMD is stable at 4.8ghz, and if I'm wrong, which I'm not, prove it.

Wow, you're a hardcore Intel fanboy, and I think you win the award for being the more hard core intel fanboy on these forumz, way to go! Since you're the hugest newb on these forumz, let me englighten you to something...GHZ DOESNT MATTER! Which is why a 2.2Ghz 3700+ can wipe the floor with a 3.6Ghz P4, uh oh, thats a 1.4Ghz deficiency, but it beats it still, :O. BTW, an FX-57 @ 3.7Ghz, gets 21 seconds on superPI 1M, what did your nice 7Ghz P4 get? 10 minutes? Even if it got 20 seconds, thats sad it takes 8GHz to match 4GHz AMD, so sad...so sad..

EDIT: Link So sad it took 7.1GHz to beat a 3.7GHz AMD, and it only did it by a few seconds, man that is some sad performance lol.

For one, there is no way in hell that 6.1 Opteron is stable, or else there would be other such results by OC'ers and some benchmarks. Also, notice a Dothan at 3.303ghz beats the FX57 @ 3.7.
Also, the 7.4ghz Intel beats the FX57 by 4 seconds, which may not seem like a lot, but is very significant in superpi 1m.

Again, I don't hold anything XtremeSystems says to be true, and incase your newbness has gotten to you, there is a right and wrong way to overclock, and that could be a flook, which probably is. Don't say a 6.1Ghz OPTY is unstable, that Opty could hit 10GHz before a P4 could in its dreams. Also note, mr newb, 101c full load for ur dothan.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

Wow, Fanboy.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

Wow, Fanboy.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time go get him mike :wink: :D

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Just because a CPU can run SuperPI doesn't mean it can do jackshit for anything else. I sense you're mad and jealous that AMD > Intel.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Only superpi 32M is a fairly decent stability tester. However, because nothing at all exists on your super opteron, it's obviously nothing more than a suicide screenshot.
Intel holds the fastest superpi speed, even if it is at a super high ghz I could honestly care less how many ghz it takes.
Also, the Pentium M's are far more efficient if that's what you're after, since you bitch about how theres the "mhz myth."

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Only superpi 32M is a fairly decent stability tester. However, because nothing at all exists on your super opteron, it's obviously nothing more than a suicide screenshot.
Intel holds the fastest superpi speed, even if it is at a super high ghz I could honestly care less how many ghz it takes.
Also, the Pentium M's are far more efficient if that's what you're after, since you bitch about how theres the "mhz myth."

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH that's all you do and that's all you say I do. Get over yourself fanboy, you can't defend Intel anymore, they are far inferior to AMD and it is known my many. Why do you think 99.9999999999% of Gamers use AMD and Business's are starting to use the AMD Opteron 64 CPU, because Xeon isn't a real CPU. Stop calling that an unstable CPU, there are 2 others running at 5.7GHz and 4.8GHz, and I guarantee those are stable as well. Did you forget that dothan at 4GHz was running 101c? that's over 215f, while the 4GHz AMD will barely get to 60c.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH that's all you do and that's all you say I do. Get over yourself fanboy, you can't defend Intel anymore, they are far inferior to AMD and it is known my many. Why do you think 99.9999999999% of Gamers use AMD and Business's are starting to use the AMD Opteron 64 CPU, because Xeon isn't a real CPU. Stop calling that an unstable CPU, there are 2 others running at 5.7GHz and 4.8GHz, and I guarantee those are stable as well. Did you forget that dothan at 4GHz was running 101c? that's over 215f, while the 4GHz AMD will barely get to 60c.

The only 4ghz AMD's are on liquid nitrogen/phase changing, as are the extremely high frequency Intel chips.
I could care less about Xeon, especially since there isn't a desktop board for them.
If the other Opteron's are stable, there should be benchmarks out for them.
You are a tool if you think the "99.9999999%" of businesses and gamers are going to start using AMD soon. Even if AMD has a superior chip over Intel, their worthless marketing and PR teams are too lazy to exploit the opportunity, while Intel hops right on and makes up shit as they go. That's really the way the business works, and until AMD stops playing hide-and-go-seek with their new releases, they can never expect to gain over half the market share from Intel, especially when you consider Intel has far more production capability and far more efficient means of production.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

The only 4ghz AMD's are on liquid nitrogen/phase changing, as are the extremely high frequency Intel chips.
I could care less about Xeon, especially since there isn't a desktop board for them.
If the other Opteron's are stable, there should be benchmarks out for them.
You are a tool if you think the "99.9999999%" of businesses and gamers are going to start using AMD soon. Even if AMD has a superior chip over Intel, their worthless marketing and PR teams are too lazy to exploit the opportunity, while Intel hops right on and makes up **** as they go. That's really the way the business works, and until AMD stops playing hide-and-go-seek with their new releases, they can never expect to gain over half the market share from Intel, especially when you consider Intel has far more production capability and far more efficient means of production.

Dude, f*ck you. Seriously, go jump off a cliff, I'm sick of your crap. I'm a tool? And you're a worthless piece of sh*t. You know nothing about computers, gaming, business's, the world, or even about that 2" thing pokin' out below your stomach. Just STFU and stop posting, you're a moron.