Celeron pga370 600.128.66. 1.7v

Styxx

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Hi there,

My friend and I are going to overclock a celeron socket 370 600MHz, 1.7v for our physics project. We were thinking of cooling it with dry ice, using a copper tube.

I was hoping any of you have any experience overclocking such an old CPU. I can't recall the motherboard we'll use, but I'll post that later.

We have at least 4 of these and 4 motherboards so it's not much of a problem if it fails the first attempt.
People told us that frying your CPU may fry your motherboard and any other component as well, so except for the power supply, we have multiple CPU's, multiple VGA cards, multiple motherboards.
We also have quite some RAM, some pc100, some pc133. I was thinking of using the pc100 to try it out and the 133mhz for the real deal.

I would appreciate any suggestions on overclocking these CPUs, like when to adjust the voltage etc.

Thanks

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
I did overclock my celeron 566(coppermine core) long time ago and it still works at 850mhz(with big-ass athlon cooler though), as it was my first overclock ever ive gathered a lot of articles and such. I should have them on a cd, ill check later when i come back home. If i still have it and if the cd is still readable than ill send them to you. Until then google is your friend :)

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Hmm, i guess the cd doesnt exist anymore. But as I said you find a lot of info if you just google it. My celeron went up to fsb 100MHZ from original 66, with voltage of around 1.9 if i can remember. You have to watch the pci frequency and keep it under 40mhz. But hey, since youve got multiple components to play with, than do exactly that.

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
I know nothing about dry ice, i just thought funny the fact that i have here a socket 370 motherboard to test if it's dead or not, and the cpu is nothing more nothing less than the exact one you're using!
How are you going to increase the voltage beyond the maximun allowed by the board?
Because if you won't then i think the usage of dry ice is useless.