Question cell phone signal

Leigh_2

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
A fell tells me that he couldn't get cell phone signal in his deer camp and installed a Wilson brand booster and install it outside where he could get a signal and ran a cable in the house and was no able to take great inside in deer camp
I can't get signal on my cell phone in the house but there is a spot in the yard that gets a signal. so is there a cell phone signal booster for the house. So, what is a great booster for the house

There a AT&T tower there in town and don't live far from town. My nephew was able to find a signal spot here in the yard and the man that came today to work on the home phone went around the corner of the house and was able to get a cell signal. Also, he said that his der camp was a metal building but couldn't get signal inside but when he install a booster there outside where he could get signal and ran the cable there in the building and now he could sit in his chair and talk on the cell phone. So yes it is a AT&T town and there is a location in the yard to get single, so need a good booster to make the signal available in the house

Last edited:
Most those so called Booster or amplifiers are in the grey area of being illegal/legal. The simple passive ones that are just antenna with no power are ok. The others are legal if you "get approval" form the cell phone provider. This put the burden for interference back on the carrier so few if any actually will give you the paper work that makes it legal to use these devices. There are some that are sold by the carriers that of course they will approve but those are mostly sold to business.

As stated above the best solution is what att called a micro-cell. Other vendor call them other things but pretty much all the major providers offer them. They are in effect small private cell towers that only your phones...no neighbors leaching...can connect to. What is kinda dirty is they charge you for the box, then use your internet connection to provide he server. When you use phone or data on your cell phone over this connection they actually charge the minutes and data as though you used a public cell tower. So not the best idea to use cellular internet because even though it is your internet they still count it against whatever data cap you have.

These work very well in areas with poor or no cell service. The big problem is if you are on a call and walk outside you will drop your call. The call can move from the cell tower to your micro-cell but not the other way around.

I can't get signal on my cell phone in the house but there is a spot in the yard that gets a signal. so is there a cell phone signal booster for the house. So, what is a great booster for the house
You shouldn't need a cable unless that's for power, the repeater just boosts the signal and re-broadcast. Ya they exist.

Before u do that though, your cell carrier, the main4, not any MVNO, may support WIFI calling which can be clearer than cellular.