Question Cell Phone Wi-Fi kicks all devices off internet

Jul 9, 2019
Hi: This is very strange to me. I recently installed a new cable modem/router (Netgear AC1600). Now, when I turn the wi-fi on one of my cell phones (Galaxy S9), every device on the network is kicked off the internet both wired and wireless devices. Once I turn the wi-fi off on the Galaxy, all the devices immediately reconnect and work fine. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Thanks!!!

Jul 9, 2019
Hi....thanks for the quick reply! No, I do not have a static IP address on cell phone. Interestingly, if I turn the wi-fi on, it does not disconnect other devices until I attempt to access internet content from the phone...surf the internet, check social media, etc. Also, on my new router, the upstream light continually flashes. Per Netgear, they say this is not a problem. My other S9 on the same network does not have any problems.

Jul 9, 2019
This critical message appears in my router event log whenever this happens:
"Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=28:80:88🇧🇪fe:08;CMTS-MAC=dc:eb:94:b5:bd:cd;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0"

Jul 9, 2019
Have used as a hotspot but only when away from home - no sharing. I will check IPs to see if I can find any conflicts. When I look on the router at connected devices, everything looks fine. I am using DHCP on everything except my printer that is hardwired.