Cendyne CD/DVD/ R/RW drive CDICD00237

I have a Cendyne CD/DVD R/RW external USB2/Firewire external drive. It came
with various bits of software for specific tasks (compressed backup etc.)
but without any software which I could use to Burn files directly onto a CD
or DVD disk.

How can I extend the normal XP CD burning facilities to this drive? I am
using a 1.6GHz ShuttleX PC. I can read both CD's and DVD's on the drive.

Out of interest I am having similar problems when using the drive on an
iMAC.

John

If it shows up as a DVD/CD RW, then YES, you can use XP to create CDs only.
You can get other softwatre to create DVDs.

"Mr John FO Evans" <mijassoft@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a Cendyne CD/DVD R/RW external USB2/Firewire external drive. It
>came
> with various bits of software for specific tasks (compressed backup etc.)
> but without any software which I could use to Burn files directly onto a
> CD
> or DVD disk.
>
> How can I extend the normal XP CD burning facilities to this drive? I am
> using a 1.6GHz ShuttleX PC. I can read both CD's and DVD's on the drive.
>
> Out of interest I am having similar problems when using the drive on an
> iMAC.
>
> John

I suggest you check with the drive manufacturer, there must be a compatible
software bundled so you can write to CD/DVDs on the external drive. Also,
you can choose free CD/DVD burning software from download.com:

http://tinyurl.com/5dxbe

Note that some of the free software on the site have adware, which sustains
the free software.

In article <na.eeeefc4d49.a903c0mijassoft@argonet.co.uk>, Mr John FO Evans
<mijassoft@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a Cendyne CD/DVD R/RW external USB2/Firewire external drive. It
> came
> with various bits of software for specific tasks (compressed backup etc.)
> but without any software which I could use to Burn files directly onto a
> CD
> or DVD disk.
>
> How can I extend the normal XP CD burning facilities to this drive? I am
> using a 1.6GHz ShuttleX PC. I can read both CD's and DVD's on the drive.
>
> Out of interest I am having similar problems when using the drive on an
> iMAC.
>
> John

Thanks everybody. I have just discovered NERO which works fine.

--
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | /...Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines
___________________________/ mijassoft@argonet.co.uk

I must say you have discovered the best CD writing software(IMHO) under the
sun...