[SOLVED] Center channel and Sub not working on 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound (G430)

destinywarlock55

Reputable
Sep 20, 2017
Hello,

This issue began recently, the center channel is extremely quiet and there's no sound coming from the sub at all, therefore audio from videos are extremely faint. I have tried running windows troubleshoot and it detected no issues. I have tried updating the headphone drivers and even reinstalling the Logitech driver. to no avail. Another issue is that sometimes the audio just cuts out completely and Spotify begins to skip every song until it just crashes. I must also say that one side of the headset doesn't work completely due to some disconnected wire inside but can be fixed if i lean on the main cable. I was wondering if there was anything else i can try to fix it, or is it a physical problem within the headset?

Thank you in advance!

Solution
You stated,
"I must also say that one side of the headset doesn't work completely due to some disconnected wire inside but can be fixed if i lean on the main cable"
So you have identified the problem already!

Who can tell what is happening inside the main cable. You have a very loose wire, wires shorting, or incomplete circuit paths.
Where you press to fix things is most likely where the problem is.
It should be examined and fixed, wiggling wires is a temporary fix and will eventually lead you to total failure.
You stated,
"I must also say that one side of the headset doesn't work completely due to some disconnected wire inside but can be fixed if i lean on the main cable"

Who can tell what is happening inside the main cable. You have a very loose wire, wires shorting, or incomplete circuit paths.
It should be examined and fixed, wiggling wires is a temporary fix and will eventually lead you to total failure.

Solution

destinywarlock55

Reputable
Sep 20, 2017
You stated,

I suppose you are correct. I'll look into disassembling my headset and attempting to fix it. Thank you.