[SOLVED] Certain Apps - Artifacting .... Mainly Xsplit

jadc007

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Morning all,

been experiencing this problem for quite some time now and never got to the bottom off it but as you can see from the video below, I believe you would call it artifacting ? not quite sure what it is.

I had the problem last year and gave up and thought i would try it again on Xsplit for example (There was another app that did the exact same thing so i can only assume they use the same base software or something)

https://streamable.com/x899g7

Specs -

9700k 4.8ghz
3600mhz DRR4
1080Ti
Windows 10

What I have tried,

Formatting the computer
Reinstalled drivers again and again, even using older drivers
Run app as admin and even windows 10 compatibility

Hope someone can help

Kind regards

Jadc

Solution
Artifacting often occurs when the GPU's core/RAM clocks are pushed a bit too far, or, when GPU RAM starts failing...(I'd expect it to show up in games, however, and not just in a single application; if confined to a single app exclusively, there might be some off off OS/driver/software compatibility bug)

I'd try underclocking the GPU 10-20 MHz on various clock speeds if/once you are sure it is not video cable/monitor related...

Ralston18

Titan
What "certain apps" exhibit the behavior (Xsplit noted). What are the apps that do not?

Compare the hardware requirements for those apps that function correctly to those apps that do not function correctly.

Do the built in Windows recording features/functions work correctly?

"WIN" + "I" > Gaming

Try another known working video cable between PC and monitor.

Try another known working monitor. Try your monitor on another known working computer. Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with the computer.

Power down, unplug the computer and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris then ensure that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly seated.

jadc007

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
What "certain apps" exhibit the behavior (Xsplit noted). What are the apps that do not?

Compare the hardware requirements for those apps that function correctly to those apps that do not function correctly.

Do the built in Windows recording features/functions work correctly?

"WIN" + "I" > Gaming

Try another known working video cable between PC and monitor.

Try another known working monitor. Try your monitor on another known working computer. Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with the computer.

Power down, unplug the computer and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris then ensure that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly seated.

• I believe the twitch application also does this - it is these only 2 from what I can remember behave like this.

• Built recording functions work perfectly

• Gaming Mode on and off tried still a problem, was a problem on 1903,1909 and now 2004 windows 10 versions 64bit

• Tried multiple cables HDMI,DP still a problem

• Tried 3 different monitors, ranging from 60 herts > 165hz

• Powered down multiple times > I am a computer geek / clean freak and take good care so there is minor dust

any other suggestions ?

Artifacting often occurs when the GPU's core/RAM clocks are pushed a bit too far, or, when GPU RAM starts failing...(I'd expect it to show up in games, however, and not just in a single application; if confined to a single app exclusively, there might be some off off OS/driver/software compatibility bug)

I'd try underclocking the GPU 10-20 MHz on various clock speeds if/once you are sure it is not video cable/monitor related...

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution

TRENDING THREADS