Question Certain games always crash my computer

Apr 26, 2022
Hello, I have a strange problem. Some games (Namely Manticore: Core and Dune: Spice Wars) crash my computer every time.

I've got Radeon RX 580 GPU and Intel i5-8400 CPU, 12 GB RAM.

The games always crash at the same spot, for Core its when I click launch on launcher, and for Dune it is the loading screen for starting a new game. No crash dumps are written. Display drivers are updated. I ran the windows memory diagnostics tool and it said no issues were found.

No other games seem to crash it.

Its always a full crash of the entire computer, like electricity went out, straight to black. No BSOD or anything. No flicker or slowing down.

Apr 26, 2022
brand and model of the psu?
So, I couldn' t find this out. Sorry, I bought this PC readily done since I don't have experience with building them, and I haven't yet found anything that would indicate the model. It doesn't read on the thing, at least not readily visible. But your question prompted me to investigate. I put a power limit to my GPU, and it caused the games to not crash. I'll try to find out those specs too, but I just wanted to thank you, since at least some kind of fix appears to have been found.