Question Certain Games Blackout but continue to play music on my TV

chadsimoneau2

Commendable
Jan 7, 2019
Hello there! Hoping some like-minded individuals could assist with an issue I've been having-

I recently got a new TV to game off my PC. It displays 4K. I have really enjoyed the simplicity of gaming at 4K 60hz on a large screen. However, on some games the screens blacks out while still playing the audio from the game, and the only way to fix it is to change the input to something else, and back again. This only happens on certain games strangely enough, such as Audiosurf 1, Broforce, and Jackbox Party Pack, but it does not have ANY issues on games like Rocket League, Overcooked, etc.

Seeing that it does this only on certain applications I have deduced that it cant be a HDMI cord issue, or port issue, and I don't think it would be a TV issue either. It also cant be a heating issue as temps are consistent, and I recently replaced my graphics card with a 2060 and the issue persists. It has to be something within my pc, drivers, or something. Any ideas out there? Oh, and as far as I can tell, switching to windowed display fixes it, but that's not exactly the fix I'm looking for.

Thanks guys for any help you can provide.