Question Certain games cause TV monitor to show no signal ?

Aug 4, 2021
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew a fix for this. When playing certain games, my TV (which I am using as a monitor) shows no signal. This only happens with games that auto-launch in a lower resolution such as older Call of Duty games. For certain games, Alt + Enter can force the game to minimize allowing me to increase the resolution and fix the problem, but a few games I want to play don't work with that. I have tried re-installing my graphics drivers and my temperatures aren't high. If this helps, these are my computer specifications:
  • Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
  • Intel Core i5 10400
  • 16GB Dual Channel RAM
  • 4GB Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
  • ASRock H410M-HDV/M.2
Many thanks

perrynick17

Commendable
BANNED
Dec 30, 2018
set your desktop display resolution to match your tv's resolution, check your tv options for a setting related to being used as a computer display

Aug 4, 2021
set your desktop display resolution to match your tv's resolution, check your tv options for a setting related to being used as a computer display
My current desktop display resolution is 1920x1080 and Windows doesn't seem to give me the option of increasing it. In addition, I cannot find what resolution my TV actually is, but I believe it is widescreen. Sorry about that. There is no computer settings on my TV and the only way to connect it without VGA is HDMI which counts it as a regular device and not a PC.

perrynick17

Commendable
BANNED
Dec 30, 2018
you cant increase past 1920 1080, if you lower the resolution is one a recommended resolution, that should be the one that your tv is

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS