Question Certain games cause TV monitor to show no signal ?

Aug 4, 2021
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew a fix for this. When playing certain games, my TV (which I am using as a monitor) shows no signal. This only happens with games that auto-launch in a lower resolution such as older Call of Duty games. For certain games, Alt + Enter can force the game to minimize allowing me to increase the resolution and fix the problem, but a few games I want to play don't work with that. I have tried re-installing my graphics drivers and my temperatures aren't high. If this helps, these are my computer specifications:
  • Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
  • Intel Core i5 10400
  • 16GB Dual Channel RAM
  • 4GB Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
  • ASRock H410M-HDV/M.2
Many thanks

Aug 4, 2021
set your desktop display resolution to match your tv's resolution, check your tv options for a setting related to being used as a computer display

My current desktop display resolution is 1920x1080 and Windows doesn't seem to give me the option of increasing it. In addition, I cannot find what resolution my TV actually is, but I believe it is widescreen. Sorry about that. There is no computer settings on my TV and the only way to connect it without VGA is HDMI which counts it as a regular device and not a PC.

You could try setting the desktop to a lower resolution just to see if the monitor/TV can actually display it.
Don't worry, if you change resolution it will give you a prompt to confirm the new setting, and if you don't, returns to the previous one. So if you don't get a signal on the lower resolution simply wait about 15 seconds for it to reset back.

Many games also have resolution settings in their config files, so you might just try setting it to your TVs there.

TRENDING THREADS