Certain games freezing up and need hard reboot.

ShadyOrb09

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
It kind of explains it in the title, certain games crash, both on steam, origin, and uplay.

I freeze and soundloop and need to hard reboot my system.

Hardware:
GPU - R9 280x Vapor X
CPU - FX-8350
RAM - 10GB
MOBO - 970 Gaming
PSU - Random 850W Bought off Ebay (Sounds bad but use to work fine.)

Games that freeze:
-Rust
-Grand Theft Auto 5
-Grand Theft Auto 4
-Battlefield 3
-Battlefield 4

My PC use to work fine, I have my pc on clean boot, and also reinstalled windows 7 times in the last 2 months in hope to fix the issue.

Solution
PSU's deteriorate, cheap crap PSU's deteriorate at a faster rate and when they go pop can destroy your whole machine. Seriously don't even boot that PC up until you get a decent PSU otherwise you are playing Russian roulette with your system
PSU's deteriorate, cheap crap PSU's deteriorate at a faster rate and when they go pop can destroy your whole machine. Seriously don't even boot that PC up until you get a decent PSU otherwise you are playing Russian roulette with your system

Solution
You probably have a PSU-shaped object, probably not good for half its label. Such "devices" should generally not be attached to computer components if they will be plugged into an A/C power source at the same time. "Sizzling" may indeed be the next sound your system makes when it crashes.

ShadyOrb09

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Honestly laughed at the Russian roulette part :D

ShadyOrb09

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah, I bought this power supply way before I knew anything about computers for some reason... and then realized how bad of an idea it is to have a homemade PSU in your system...