Question Certain games make Steam overlay look blurry and in-game text looks bad ?

ebicgaymer

Prominent
Nov 29, 2021
I have AMD Radeon RX 5500 and with this graphics card certain games make steam overlay look blurry and in game text also looks poor quality. What "fixes" it is running the game in either windowed mode or borderless window mode but not all games have this option. I've been trying to fix this for a while and I'm already using the native resolution of my monitor.

I did get this problem in Dark Souls 3 once putting vsync on, unless specified in the Radeon Software fixed it, but does not effect other games.

Here's a list of games I am having this problem if it helps:
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout: New Vegas
Valkyria Chronicles
Saint's Row 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Borderlands (non enhanced version)

ebicgaymer

Prominent
Nov 29, 2021
I finally figured out how to fix it. I I needed to either use dgvoodoo2 or Vulkan. Dgvoodoo2 was giving me weird lighting effects on Hitman Blood Money so I tried Vulkan and the game works perfectly at maximum settings and no blurry steam overlay or in-game text. I tried GTA IV with Vulkan and same deal except I sometimes get a quick FPS drop that I hadn't experienced before, the game actually froze for a few seconds while leaving the apartment the first time. I probably played for an hour and didn't get any problems really. Vulkan made Oblivion look very weird so I used a borderless window plugin for OBSE.