Question Certain games overriding windows display color calibration settings.

Dec 23, 2020
The screen becomes extremely bright and contrast becomes messed up. With white colors being way too bright and darker colors lose detail.

I have an AMD RX570 if this is relevant information bu Radeon's custom color display settings aren't being affected by this. This issue only happens with certain games and it either reverts back to normal after closing the game or I have to manually go back to windows color calibration settings.

Last edited:
what model monitor?
many have stupid bloatware software that can be installed or even may appear through Windows updates that can use specific game display settings based on the exe being loaded.

also check the display's OSD menu for any "auto" settings that may be in place.
make sure any color, contrast, brightness, darkness, etc settings are not using any built-in auto\dynamic profile(s).

Dec 23, 2020
what model monitor?
many have stupid bloatware software that can be installed or even may appear through Windows updates that can use specific game display settings based on the exe being loaded.

also check the display's OSD menu for any "auto" settings that may be in place.
make sure any color, contrast, brightness, darkness, etc settings are not using any built-in auto\dynamic profile(s).

I have an AOC 24V2H 23.8" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor. I've checked the OSD and haven't seen any settings there that could be causing this. I have noticed that this issue doesn't affect my second monitor.