Certain games slowing down slightly effecting performance temps normal, advice required please

Aug 22, 2019
Hi there over the last week I have noticed a problem with my Gaming PC that is really beginning to frustrate me, any help you can offer is much appreciated.

I originally noticed that when I played Fifa 19 it started to feel during online matches less responsive and my players slower and my passes losing their accuracy however did not seem to be a drop in the fps counter and no issues with the graphics visually. So I picked up with their tech team who told me to repair the game file and use ccleaner non of which have helped. Due to this issue it is effecting my play during online matches, I initially thought this was isolated to Fifa but I also tested the Witcher 3 and although it is a subtle difference Geralt was moving more stiff and sluggish. I have had these performance issues for almost a week and can recall a few days of this sluggishness also going back 3 weeks to a month ago but at the time I dismissed it as a potential bad Fifa patch.

Having spent the last few days troubleshooting all sorts of things I had just about given up when mysteriously this morning both games felt like they used to do and performed perfectly fine which validated in my mind that I was not imagining things. However to my disappointment later on tonight both games went back to this slightly slower sluggish feeling!

My Rig is 3 years old, Windows 10 64GB , MSI X99A Raider, NVIDIA RTX 2070, 16GB DDR4 RAM, iNTEL I7 6800K CPU 3.4GHZ, I have an SSD drive and 2 standard Hard drives (Windows 10 is on SSD) Both other games belong on the same other Hard Drive, all drives have at least 10% memory free. My Internet is sky broadband and is a fast connection, no issues with anything internet wise and has never been an issue in the past. Also this is not a case of my opponenets connection being poor as this is obvious visually for me when I see that.

A couple of things that happened prior to this issue are;
1)One day we had a ridiculous hot day and the PC cores and graphics card were a lot hotter than they usually are which made my fan alarm beep like crazy temps were like 60 and 70 degrees Celsius.

2)A couple of times a month /every other month for the last few months I got the random blue screen of death during gaming.

I have Tried my PC with and without overclock, I usually experience around 45fps stable on the Witcher 3 with all ultra settings , hairworks, vsync and hd mods on at a 4k resolution

I have checked the integrity of my drive ran heaven benchmark, checked task manager and MSI afterburner ran windows defender and malware bytes also tried closing all background processes. Everything comes back at normal temps with no errors or viruses found.

Anybody got any ideas what this could be and suggestions how to resolve this please?

i can upload screenshots of the readings should it help?

Aug 22, 2019
I have also noticed my PC is taking longer to switch off then it used to.

Last edited: