Question Certain GPU only gives display if I reset CMOS

Jun 10, 2022
Hello.
So recently I bought an used MSI GTX 970 from eBay, when it arrived I put it into the system, plugged everything necessary and powered on the computer, fans started spinning and MSI logo turned on, but i got no display at all. After a few hours of research and work, i tried power draining PC and resetting CMOS for 5 minutes and finally got display, after that I did some windows updates and lost display again, reset CMOS again and got display. After that I updated drivers from GeForce Experience app and, guess what, lost Display again until I reset CMOS.

The card works fine now, but everytime i pull it out of system and put it back in, I have to reset CMOS.

I got a 1050TI and when I put it in the system it worked just fine without having to reset CMOS.

What could be the reason for this particular card needing CMOS reset every time I put in the system, or update its drivers?
Thanks in advance.

P.S. my specs are:
Intel i5-10600k
XLR8 DDR4 2-8 RAM
ASUS TUF GAMING B560M-E MotherBoard
EVGA 700BQ 80+ PSU
Samsung m.2 970 evo plus 500GB SSD
CoolerMaster ML-240L

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
What do you mean by a different bios setting exactly?
It seems to me that by resetting cmos you delete a bios setting that the bios seems to set by itself every time it detects the gpu and then next start it doesn’t work anymore. I would look into bios settings and go through everything and make a few tests with different settings.

Jun 10, 2022
It seems to me that by resetting cmos you delete a bios setting that the bios seems to set by itself every time it detects the gpu and then next start it doesn’t work anymore. I would look into bios settings and go through everything and make a few tests with different settings.
Oh, I just remembered the fact that everytime I reset CMOS, XMP mode would be disabled in BIOS as well as fan PWM mode