• Now's your chance to speak with MSI directly! Join our AMA and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Ask your questions here.

Catch the next Tom's Hardware livestream on May 28 at 2PM Eastern: Catch the show here!

Need Hardware Help? Include the Info Requested Here.
  • Join our Best PC Builds competition and get on the Tom's Hardware home page. Check it out here.

Question Certain keys not working on HP Laptop

rrsst6

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
last week my moms HP pavilion laptop went funky. It became extremely slow to the point i had to go into safe mode to retrieve her files. At the same time this happened, certain keys on the keyboard stopped working. I formatted the PC and upgraded her to an SSD. Computer works great now, but the keys are still not working. I tried everything i could find (uninstalling/installing drivers, toggling settings etc.) with no resolve. I temporarily got them to work again by holding the non working key down for a solid minute. It worked for a short time then stopped again. I'm beginning to think its hardware related and it needs a new keyboard, but its too much of a coincidence that the computer went haywire at the same time. Any ideas?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS