Certain Keys on keyboard not working (Windows 10)

Singularity93

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
I'm having a keyboard issue.

- Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V5-471G laptop. N its currently running windows 10 and I downloaded the anniversary update in september(don't remember).
- But after the second week of October(i think, can't remember) certain keys on my keyboard have just stopped working for no reason at all.
- Specifically the letters:- W, E, R, Y and the TAB key and recently I noticed the Windows Key is also not working.
- They do not work at all and nothing happens when I press these keys.

- As far I know the rest of the keys are working fine coz I did an online keyboard test(or maybe some key I dont use aren't working n I missed it)
- I don't know if the keys have stopped working bcoz of downloading the anniversary update or something else.
- I have tried removing the keys and cleaning under them with a soft-haired paintbrush coz I thought maybe there was dust under them that was obstructing the working of the keys but that dint change anything n keys were still not working after cleaning under them..

- Also 2 days after I found this problem, I did a system restore to a restore point that I had created about 5-7 days ago(in the restore point I created, everything including the keys was working fine thats y I decided to use the system restore). But that dint work either, the sys restore rolledback some updates but that was all; the keys were still not working..
- And so afterwords I decided to look for answers on the net but I dint find anything helpful. I did read somewhere that there could be a keyboard driver issue and so I checked Device Manager and tried updating the keyboard drivers but it said that the drivers are already updated.
- And also I read somewhere on the net that if your keyboard is not working you should try using the on-screen keyboard and check if the keys that are not working on the physical keyboard are working on the onscreen keyboard, & if the non working keys are also not working on the OSK then it might be an issue or something like that..
- so I tried using the OSK but all the keys are working fine on that n so now I don't know what's the problem on the physical keyboard...

- As of now I'm using the OSK for typing the letters that don't work but I want a proper solution for this...
Plz give me some answers for this...
-
And if you need any more information of my laptop or have any questions please let me know...
[N if your wondering how I typed this then i'm using my work computer :p]

- Thanks to anyone who replies... :)

Singularity93

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016

Thanks but, as of now. I don't have any other keyboard to check!! So I need another solution!! Is anyone else having this issue?? Plz suggest some other solutions.... :/