Question Certain pc games have become unplayable

Feb 24, 2023
So I was recently playing hogwarts legacy and have about 60 hours in it fine, then recently it became unplayable, using all memory and brutal fps drops, I assumed it was the game being poorly done but I also tried world of warcraft classic which my pc ran completely fine and it is now lagging and stuttering in the loading screen, not even the game.
I have done a clean uninstall and reinstall of drivers, I checked for malware and my temps seem fine, I did notice on task manager the game is using gpu 2 copy, while others are using gpu 2 3d and it is also using 0% of my gpu so surely something has gone wrong there.
edit: I turned on hardware accelerated gpu and it is now using right gpu 3d but that hasn't fixed the stuttering sadly

my specs are - rtx 3070 - 16gb ram - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
also it doesnt happen on every game, for example I can play red dead 2 max graphics right now, and its completely fine no fps drops what so ever, but I do have two drives, SSD and HDD, red dead is on my HDD and the others on my SSD. I moved hogwarts legacy to my HDD to see if it would work any better and it didnt

any help is appreciated, I assumed it must be a driver issue due to how out of nowhere it happened but maybe a setting got changed and the game isn't using the right graphics card or something

TRENDING THREADS