Distinguished
Jul 12, 2013
My system info is
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model 110-023w
System SKU H5P41AAR#ABA

I am unable to load certain sites such as Microsoft sites and Costco business check ordering site! The Microsoft sites do not load at all and just shows a blank white screen.
But the costcochecks.com does load without text, only the boxes show. See attachment. This happens in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge on this computer
However, I have another computer that loads these sites without problem.
I have already restarted. cleared cache and have run System Mechanic and optimized the system.
This pc was reset a week ago, and I'm not sure if it ever worked on these sites before.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm attaching a jpg of how the page displays on this computer.

tnks2hp

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2013
Try running malewarebytes on the PC and see if it finds anything to remove - https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
I reset the computer because I ran antimalware and it found several items, whatever it found, and removed made the PC unstable. So I reset it. It also had issues such as being unable to save to My Documents after scanning an item. Checked the settings and it was not on read only and I could save to the folder from other locations. It seems like the local security settings were not set correctly. I flushed dns, and gpupdate without any resolution. So I reset it! Seemed like the fastest resolution!

tnks2hp

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2013
was there a reason you reset it a a week ago?

datetime correct?
I reset the computer because I ran antimalware and it found several items, whatever it found, and removed made the PC unstable. So I reset it. It also had issues such as being unable to save to My Documents after scanning an item. Checked the settings and it was not on read only and I could save to the folder from other locations. It seems like the local security settings were not set correctly. I flushed dns, and gpupdate without any resolution. So I reset it! Seemed like the fastest resolution! Date and time are correct.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS