Question Certificate Issue with Google Meet

Pipsfc

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
Having issues with back to school meetings for my kid in the fantastic COVID era. Trying to access his class at meet.google.com but keep getting the same error: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. I thought maybe it was due to his system time being inaccurate but I cannot seem to get the timezone to switch to our current (it keeps thinking I'm in Alaska still). I can manually change it but still no luck with the website.

The funny thing is, I can access the same link to his class with my laptop and our cell phones. Something on his laptop is preventing me from getting access. I've used used both Chrome and IE11. I've tried adjusting security settings in Chrome to "No Protection" and adjusted permissions for the site to allow all. This issue is happening on a Lenovo Yoga 720 (garbage). I'm working off of 4 hours of sleep, so maybe I'm missing something simple.

Pipsfc

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
what do you mean you can't change the timezone?

Exactly that. I can manually change the timezone but it won't stick. I cannot keep the changes. If it's set to automatic timezone, it will always say "Alaska" even though we live in Nevada now. But I'm not sure that this is causing the certificate issue because my other son's computer is doing the same thing (his is a built computer).