CES 2010: LIVE from the Steve Ballmer Keynote

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers!

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Bing: "We're not just trying to provide users with a list of links." HP partnership: MSN and Bing will be the default home page and search on HP machines in 42 countries.

My warmest condolences.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]nawat[/nom]Steve Ballmer and Keynote?[/citation]

It's normal for the head of a company to highlight their new tech and trends. Is Ballmer crazy? Yes, to us at least but a keynote is a way for the uniformed (IE daytraders) to digest all this techy-lingo crap. Keynotes are about explaining the simple to us to the simpletons at Wall Street.

Putting the head of the company is (traditionally) a good thing. It shows they're involved.

You want news? Wait for E3, though the bing maps look pretty damn good.

NoCaDrummer

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I guess I'm an old f--t. I remember when CES was not a Microsoft dog-and-pony show. It actually showcased things that weren't Microsoft. Then MS took it over. Bill Gates used to do the keynotes after the takeover. Now Balmer does.
It's not worth going anymore. Unless we get to see him throw chairs.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]b020151[/nom]Yes, I cant wait to see the dancing bear.[/citation]
Or dancing stripper, dancing stripper is good too.
No balmer stripping please. I'd rather tear out my eyes.

I saw twilight at the end, it makes me sad inside.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]NoCaDrummer[/nom]I guess I'm an old f--t. I remember when CES was not a Microsoft dog-and-pony show. It actually showcased things that weren't Microsoft. Then MS took it over. Bill Gates used to do the keynotes after the takeover. Now Balmer does.It's not worth going anymore. Unless we get to see him throw chairs.[/citation]

Not sure what you're talking about. Many companies do keynote speeches. Sony had one earlier tonight in fact.

Just because Apple waits until Macworld doesn't make CES a MS dog and pony show.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]NoCaDrummer[/nom]I guess I'm an old f--t. I remember when CES was not a Microsoft dog-and-pony show. It actually showcased things that weren't Microsoft. Then MS took it over. Bill Gates used to do the keynotes after the takeover. Now Balmer does.It's not worth going anymore. Unless we get to see him throw chairs.[/citation]
So no other tech companies turned up did they? Exactly how did MS "take over" the event? If you mean they were present and the media reported everything he did and not much of other people is an issue with journalistic integrity, not MS rolling over the border and "annexing" the event. If you were more intestested in what other tech companies had to offer maybe you should have gone there in person, instead of relying on an industry that competes against itself for sensationalism and big headlines.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
By the way, I was just reading a similar article on Gizmondo, I thought some of the people on the Tom's forums were ignorant buffoons, but I now have to apologise and celebrate your sanity, those guy's are complete idiots.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
[citation][nom]nawat[/nom]Steve Ballmer and Keynote?[/citation]
Yeap, Monkeynote!
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I thought some of the people on the Tom's forums were ignorant buffoons, but I now have to apologise [sic.] and celebrate your sanity, those guy's are complete idiots./citation]
A bit of self-critique? They wouldn't reach up even to your ankles...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ossie[/nom]Yeap, Monkeynote![citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I thought some of the people on the Tom's forums were ignorant buffoons, but I now have to apologise [sic.] and celebrate your sanity, those guy's are complete idiots./citation]A bit of self-critique? They wouldn't reach up even to your ankles...[/citation]
I can self-critique, no one's perfect, even me... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.