[SOLVED] CG Security Testdisk question

Sep 13, 2021
Hi
I've corrupted my sdd drive with clonezilla while trying to clone Ubuntu from one partition from a hdd drive to a partition on the ssd. In the procces it returned a error: failed to found sdb5. After that, all my list boot options that I had on the bios dissapeared.
In the ssd drive I have my main Os which is windows 10. Looking for solutions I found that may be an partition corruption problem and that I shoud use TestDisk. From a pendrive , I launch Ubuntu, installed Testdisk, selected my disk, then EFI GPT partition, then I did a quick search, I found a partition MS DATA, then, I selected enter and all these new partitions appeared. (photo). From this point, I'dont know that to do to recover my ssd. I don't know which option should I use . It's a asus rog laptop. I remember that on the ssd disk besided the main C volume, I had another one that came with the laptop, it's an smaller partition. From what I found it my be the booter or something related to it.

Thanks in advanced . Sorry for my bad english

Photo

Solution
Use your windows 10 installation media to do a boot repair, you will have to do several passes if you let it do it automatically, otherwise look into BCDstore commands and do it on you own from command prompt again from your win10 boot media.
You would have to write a new MBR to the root of the disk and create a new BCD store either on the small partition that this is meant for or on the windows partition.

Once you are back booting into windows you can use the free version of easybcd to add any other OS of your multiboot to the bcd.
Sep 13, 2021
Did you shrink the Windows OS partition at some point? it looks like maybe 60-70gb size change.

I assume you have no backup to restore from?

Yes, I shrinked the ssd around that size to install Ubuntu. I installed it but later I decided to clone my old Ubuntu installation from my HDD.

I don't have any backup. If I pressed on one of the partition MS DATA , I get to see my files from windows

Use your windows 10 installation media to do a boot repair, you will have to do several passes if you let it do it automatically, otherwise look into BCDstore commands and do it on you own from command prompt again from your win10 boot media.
You would have to write a new MBR to the root of the disk and create a new BCD store either on the small partition that this is meant for or on the windows partition.

Once you are back booting into windows you can use the free version of easybcd to add any other OS of your multiboot to the bcd.

Solution
Sep 13, 2021

I reinstalled windows 10 on the ssd but when I open easybcd to add my old linux from the hdd, it says that it can't work on efi mode