Chameleon X-1 Mouse is a Gamepad is a Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!
Sleek design!
Nice to see a mouse that doubles as a game pad. This would be perfect to play need for speed on my computer... That is.. if I didn't already have a PS2 controller to USB adapter that works awesome for racing games since I don't have/want a full steering wheel setup.

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Care a lot less about the gamepad then I do about the remote-control functionality. That I like. And $55 is a good price point. In for 1.

The obligatory disclaimer:
"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

neilnh

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
Because the incessant random clicking noises would not at all be annoying when using it as a gamepad. Seriously, hold your mouse like a gamepad and play with it for a few minutes.

bmouse

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
And a remote? Show the remote! I'd be very interested in having this in the living room connected to my HTPC. Does the gamepad just connect to the PC, or does it hook up to PS3 (A,B,X,Y, so maybe not?) or Wii/GC?

hpak

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I'm thinking that there will be a lock button or something that will prevent the mouse functions from working while in gamepad mode and vise versa. What would be cool is if the analog sticks pop out while in gamepad mode :) Also a disc style D-pad would be more functional and easier to clean imo.

I wonder how they'll handle the dust/grime/crud that accumulates over time on the pad?

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]void4ever[/nom]No thumb button that i can see from any screenshots, deal breaker for me. Otherwise it's an excellent idea[/citation]

Maybe this is the left-handed version?

fstrthnu

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I can imagine there's going to be a lot of gunk getting caught on the buttons and analog stick. This probably won't scroll that smoothly either, and as the above guys said, there's no thumb buttons. They'll have to try harder to dislodge my Logitech G5 + Logitech Dual action gamepad combo

dennisfyfe

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
[citation][nom]abswindows7[/nom]I'd love to work at tom's.You just sit down on a chair and browse gizmodo all day.Then a week later you copy paste their stuff How cool is that.[/citation]

If you don't like reading the articles here, go elsewhere. Nobody forces you to read anything here. Contribute to the topic instead of acting like a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.