[SOLVED] Change AIO fans for case fans?

Oct 28, 2020
I am considering buying the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280. I want to place it in my Phanteks P600S case. This case comes with three quality 140mm fans, all non RGB. I am considering replacing the front fans for RPG fans. Meaning: I have two Phanteks fans laying around and one in the back of my PC. I think it would be nice to replace the Arctic fans of the AIO for the left over Phanteks fans. But is this a bad idea?

The type of fan of the Arctic is something completely different from the Phanteks... And, according to Arctic, the airflow of their fan is a lot different too. I highly doubt this special airflow does anything blowing through a radiator, but I'm curious what you think. Should I consider doing this, or is it just stupid to mess with already "All in One" balanced parts?

1_ARCTIC-P12.jpg
Phanteks Fan

Solution
Speaking of performance only:
Arctic P14
72.8CFM
Static Pressure: 2.4mmH2O

Phanteks doesn't specify the exact model of 140mm preinstalled fans in the P600S, but going by the above image, it's the F140SP... but I also included the MP model just in case.
F140SP
82.1CFM
Static Pressure: 1.33mmH2O

F140MP
68.1CFM
Static Pressure: 1.62mmH2O

The radiators on most hybrid coolers have a moderate to high FPI(fins per inch), and basically requires high static pressure fans.
The greater a fan's static pressure rating, the less CFM it loses when faced with obstacles.

As far as 100% fan speed is concerned, swapping fans isn't such a great idea, but users seldom run their fans at that speed though.
Too bad manufacturers don't display fan curves -...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Speaking of performance only:
Arctic P14
72.8CFM
Static Pressure: 2.4mmH2O

Phanteks doesn't specify the exact model of 140mm preinstalled fans in the P600S, but going by the above image, it's the F140SP... but I also included the MP model just in case.
F140SP
82.1CFM
Static Pressure: 1.33mmH2O

F140MP
68.1CFM
Static Pressure: 1.62mmH2O

The radiators on most hybrid coolers have a moderate to high FPI(fins per inch), and basically requires high static pressure fans.
The greater a fan's static pressure rating, the less CFM it loses when faced with obstacles.

As far as 100% fan speed is concerned, swapping fans isn't such a great idea, but users seldom run their fans at that speed though.
Too bad manufacturers don't display fan curves - they're not linear, BTW - or we'd know which fan is best at a given speed.

Reactions: Bar Weinig
Solution
Oct 28, 2020
Wow! That was terrifyingly more complicated than I had imagined! Thanks a bunch for that detailed information and the effort! I thought Phanteks shipped the case with the F140SP (indeed the image). But after checking again, in the images of the case the F140MP seems to be installed.
Thanks again. I'm not going to mess around, before I do some more serious research. Aesthetics are nice, but function over form ;)

Last edited: