Question Change and Update for my PC

Jun 24, 2019
Hi. I want to buy/change some things for my new PC and I need some help and advice. I currently have Gigabyte b450m ds3h, but I'm not happy with this motherboard so I'm planning to change it for Asus Rog Strix B450-f Gaming, it is a good idea? (I read that this mother would be compatible with next gen Ryzen that's why I want to buy it and I can't spend more money in a motherboard).

My Build for now:
Ryzen 2600x
RTX 2070
Seasonic Focus 850W Plus Gold
Western Digital Caviar Black 1t
Western Digital Caviar Black 2t
SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB
Corsair Crystal 460x RGB

Next Buy:
  • Corsair HD120 RGB LED, 120mm RGB LED PWM Case Fan 3 pack (This pack come with a lighting and speed controller I think?, so I should not have problems with the motherboard fan headers?)
  • DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GTE-CPU Cooler 120mm RGB fan. (The rgb will work with the motherboard?)
  • SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. (any advice?)

Now about the RAM, my two options:
  • CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB)
  • CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB)
I understand that this mobo is not compatible with 3600mhz?, but with 3200mhz? (preferably without OC), Should I buy 3000mhz instead?

Any problem of space and compatibility with this build?. And after updating all this, the next thing would be to buy a new monitor, my doubt about it, what is the best option for my build? (ryzen 2600x and rtx 2070)
1920 x 1080?
2560 x 1440?
144Hz?
60Hz?

THANKS!

Asus Rog Strix B450-f Gaming,
Page 3-14 of English manual shows memory
Configuration options: [Auto] [DDR4-1333MHz] - [DDR4-4000MHz]

Your belief, "I understand that this mobo is not compatible with 3600mhz? " seems to be wrong. I've never heard of a B450 Chipset motherboard with such a limitation.

3200MHz Cl4 is and will be fine for Ryzen, I have 3600MHz b-die RAM but between 3600MHz and 3200 total system gain is less than 1%. so that's something I wouldn't worry about.
Technically, all DDR4 starts with 2133MHz and also technically any frequency above that can be considered OC. Modern RAM has already built in one or more XMP profiles which apply OC to their settings by enabling XMP/AXMP/DOCP (same thing, different name) automatically.
All 400 series chipsets will support Ryzen 3, my MB is already on 3rd BIOS to support it. If you plan to get Ryzen 3 with more than 8 cores, Id suggest to get a good x470 chipset MB.

Jun 24, 2019
3200MHz Cl4 is and will be fine for Ryzen, I have 3600MHz b-die RAM but between 3600MHz and 3200 total system gain is less than 1%. so that's something I wouldn't worry about.
Technically, all DDR4 starts with 2133MHz and also technically any frequency above that can be considered OC. Modern RAM has already built in one or more XMP profiles which apply OC to their settings by enabling XMP/AXMP/DOCP (same thing, different name) automatically.
All 400 series chipsets will support Ryzen 3, my MB is already on 3rd BIOS to support it. If you plan to get Ryzen 3 with more than 8 cores, Id suggest to get a good x470 chipset MB.

Thanks for answering. Between these three mobo which would be the best option?

X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Asus Rog Strix X470-f Gaming (my build is almost full of corsair rgb and I think asus mobo has a lot of issues with this, right? If I buy this mobo, will I have problems with the ram rgb, for example?
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 (this is the most expensive)
Also I think these 3 mobo support ARGB?

Light wise, it's easy to find out:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X470-GAMING-PRO-CARBON/Specification
  • 2 x 5050 RGB LED strip 12V connectors (JRGB1~2)
  • 1 x WS2812B Individually Addressable RGB LED strip 5V connector (JRAINBOW1)
1 x Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
2 x Aura RGB Strip Header(s)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-7-WIFI-rev-10#sp
  • 1 x CPU cooler LED strip/RGB LED strip header
  • 2 x digital LED strip headers
  • 2 x digital LED strip power select jumpers
  • 2 x RGB (RGBW) LED strip headers

• So this last one seem to have most light headers but most lights and fans list Aura compatibility.
  • All 3should provide good CPU and memory compatibility but I'm not much into those light etc. so I'm looking at other more (to me) important things and Asus seem to always have most up to date BIOS and drivers.