Question Change Asus P8H61 Pro BIOS model

AyraHikari

Commendable
Jan 1, 2022
Hello, i have a question and some problem about this motherboard.
I bought Asus P8H61 Pro/Ntech/SI and the model clearly write in board, however when trying to updating the bios, it always failed and i just noticed the Model type was different than the board said.
BIOS said flash model was P8H61-M Plus V2 and version is 0514 (i think it was already latest one)

Well, i tried updating BIOS because GTX 460 is doesn't work in there, the motherboard didn't pre-boot and stuck at blackscreen, it like the VGA not being detected by the BIOS. However when tried with GT 210, it was working perfectly.
Also yes the VGA working as well in ASRock B75M.

Perhaps the BIOS chip was replaced before.
The question is, can i change BIOS model to P8H61 Pro?
Maybe it resolve the VGA not being detected

Edit:
Also two SATA III doesn't work too, because P8H61-M Plus didn't support SATA III 😔

43061c5a0df6a1d8d6614.jpg

6ba596976006ef92caea6.jpg

AyraHikari

Commendable
Jan 1, 2022
Changing the BIOS models will likely fail as there are physical hardware differences between the models.
I don't know how they did that, P8H61 Pro does not have onboard VGA, i didn't test rest PCI slot, but two SATA III 6G is doesn't work because P8H61-M Plus V2 don't have that. Or maybe hardware fault.
I think it too late for refund because i just noticed it after some weeks

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I don't know how they did that, P8H61 Pro does not have onboard VGA, i didn't test rest PCI slot, but two SATA III 6G is doesn't work because P8H61-M Plus V2 don't have that. Or maybe hardware fault.
I think it too late for refund because i just noticed it after some weeks
Very likely the cause of your issues. You need the BIOS for the actual model of your motherboard.

AyraHikari

Commendable
Jan 1, 2022
I think i can't flash directly with Asus EZ Flash in the bios, because it say error 'Bios image integrity check failed.'
Is there any tool can flash it without check the model board?