[SOLVED] Change Base clock for Asus EX-A320M-GAMING, is it possible?

amsalau

Prominent
Dec 14, 2018
I have an Asus EX-A320M-GAMING motherboard and I am looking for a way to change the base clock of the FSB from 100Mhz to some higher value.

I have another much simpler mobo from Gigabyte (GA-A320M-H) that let me change this value up to 119Mhz and is an excellent overclocker with little to no effort.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The 320 chipset was meant for an office only environment whereby it meant everything was watered down. The only reason that they were included into a "Gaming" portfolio was to induce sales of the chipset or board. In reality that board can't do any form of overclocking, ram overclocking is limited and that will depend on the processor's IMC as well.

I'd advise not tinkering with BCLK. If the boards are expendable, then you might want to look into other areas of the BIOS since they can be listed under a different terms or branch of the BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The 320 chipset was meant for an office only environment whereby it meant everything was watered down. The only reason that they were included into a "Gaming" portfolio was to induce sales of the chipset or board. In reality that board can't do any form of overclocking, ram overclocking is limited and that will depend on the processor's IMC as well.

I'd advise not tinkering with BCLK. If the boards are expendable, then you might want to look into other areas of the BIOS since they can be listed under a different terms or branch of the BIOS.

Solution
I have an Asus EX-A320M-GAMING motherboard and I am looking for a way to change the base clock of the FSB from 100Mhz to some higher value.

I have another much simpler mobo from Gigabyte (GA-A320M-H) that let me change this value up to 119Mhz and is an excellent overclocker with little to no effort.
If there's no setting in BIOS the only other way is RyzenMaster which you can try but probably won't work.

It's very risky overclocking like with BClk (especially almost 20%) as it also overclocks the PCIe bus and drives. Not to mention the CPU VRM on A320 boards are the lowest of low- spec.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS